Wednesday, April 12, 2006

MUSHROOM MAHARAJA/MAHARANI:)

Like the name of this curry, the curry is rich in taste, I had this version of mushroom curry in a restaurant in Canada I could not stop myself from asking the cook for the recipe, And here is the result in front of u.Now in kids list this is one of their fav I don’t need to call them for dinner or lunch by the time I set my table I see them sitting like good kids. Like my kids I feel u all will enjoy this curry

INGREDEINTS:
Mushrooms 2 lb.
2 onions sliced and half fried.
1 tomato boiled.
2 tspn sea same seeds.
2-tspn kajju (cashews).
1 tspn ginger garlic paste.
½ tspn garam masala powder.
1 tspn red chilli powder.
¼ tspn turmeric powder.
Salt to taste.
Curry leaves.
½ tspn shahjeera (it looks like jeera cumin family).
Oil.
Fresh coriander for garnish.
Before u start making the curry we have to get prepared with some grinding things here are they. First cut the onion and fry them using very little oil until half cooked to avoid the raw smell from onions. And by frying the onion before making the paste the curry will have rich gravy.

Secondly boil the tomato before u make the paste. When the onions are fried and tomato boiled u ready to grind the paste for the curry.

To make the paste we need fried onion, boiled tomato, seasame seeds, kajju, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt to taste, blend all these ingredients together and make a paste like this.

METHOD:
Here comes the final part of how to make this dish. First take a sauce pan and add 1 tblsn oil and warm it, when the oil starts sparkling then add shahjeera and when the shahjeera starts cracking add curry leaves and fry for a second, later add the paste which we made grinding all the ingredients and fry for a minute later add ginger garlic paste and fry nicely until the gravy leaves oil in the sides. When the gravy is finely cooked add the mushrooms (In this dish they use whole mushrooms as my kids like cut mushrooms I used sliced mushrooms) and mix well with the gravy and cook, when u add the mushrooms u can see how thick the gravy is, if u want to make it more gravy type add some water to it and let it cook well until the mushrooms are cooked. Later remove in the serving dish and garnish the dish with fresh coriander.

This dish goes well with fried rice, plain rice or roti, kulcha, Nan any type.

10 comments:

Vineela said...

Hi Tanuja,
Mushroom maharaja why not maha rani?Ha ha...
Nice sesame and cashewnuts will be added taste to that.I will try this one day.
vineela

Lakshmi said...

kajju taste, curry chala bavuntundi, nenu try chestanu.

Tanuja said...

Hi Vineela,

Mushroom Maharani ee peru kuda bhagundi ee sari mushroom inko variety chesinapudu I will give that name:) sesame and cashew makes a rich gravy, try and let me know.


Hi Lakshmi,
Yaa lakshmi kajju denilo vesina daani taste yummy, try chesi chudu:)

KA said...

Tanuja,
Dish looks yummy! Never heard of this method before. I second vineela's thoughts: why not maha rani ;-)

sailu said...

New recipe to me...

Tanuja said...

Hi Santhi,

U can use any type of mushrooms I generally get the ones which are available in kroger the small white ones.

Hi Arjuna,
U will even feel the same when u taste it. Here I have changed the name:)

Hi Sailu,
Its a new recipe to mee too I had this Last year when I went to visit friends in toronto.

Ashwini said...

Hey i have a pack of mushrooms sitting in my fridge. I am def going to try this.

Anonymous said...

can we use black sesame seeds for this curry

Unknown said...

The Dish looks delicious and yummy!

Shopping Adventure

Unknown said...

thanku for great recipes
buy silk sarees online| buy sarees online india| designer wedding sarees| best saree websites|kanchipuram silk sarees online|indian saree online store|sarees online uk