Sunday, June 18, 2006

10 Things I miss my families cooking meme

Thanks to Vineela and Sudha for tagging me for this great meme.When we remember amma the first thing we miss is amma chethi mudda,Now I am mother of 2 kids but even now I feel like I am small baby when I see my mom.I am proud to share about four great ladies in my life who are excellent cooks in this world.

The First lady is my great grand mom(grandma's mom).

I miss her sudda pappu with kodiguddu pulusu she cooks this lentil in a clay pot not on the stove top she use to cook the dhaal on the charcoal stove(bhoggula kumpati), the taste I cant forget till today.
I miss her gongura pachadi.
I miss her sweet bonda which she use to prepare with ragi flour and jaggrey.


The second lady is my grandma/ammama.

I miss her minappa garellu/urad dhaal wada and fresh coconut pachadi,chekkalu,chakodeelu,punugulu..............
She makes the best sweets the list of sweets are so many.
I miss her wadiyala pulusu,vullava charu,pappu charu........


The Third is my mom who has been trained under the first two great cooks.

I miss her spuzzy Idlis and peanut chutney, pesarattu upma.
she makes the best krispy paper dosa,mutton biryani,kobari annam,bhisi bhele bhat, vangi bhaat,cakes.
I miss her pickles like mutton pickle,mamidikaay pachadi,chintakaaya pachadi...........

The Fourth lady is my mother-in-law.

I miss her rotti pachallu like vankaya dosakaaya,pachi meerapa kaaya .
I miss her chicken curry,fish pulusu.
I miss her pala kovva/coconut ladoos covered with sugar syrup.

If I keep on telling their is a huge list going on . I try to copy their cooking style but till today I cant beat them.Hope I can atleast become perfect like them when I prepare this dishes to my grand kids:).

I would like to tag Santhi Sailus arjuna

6 comments:

Radhika said...

:) tanuu, that was cute. I miss my mom's cooking too. :(

That description of cooking in a clay pot on 'boggula kumpati' reminded me of the the days I spent in my granny's village during summer vacation.

KA said...

Thanks for tagging me along Tanuja, I will get to the write up as soon as possible.

Sudha said...

Tanuja, that was a very very neat write up..ur so true when u said'Now I am mother of 2 kids but even now I feel like I am small baby when I see my mom". Irrespective anything one will always remain a child infront of mother isint tanuja? I remeber my mom saying how ever old you grow ur still the little one for me..The word Mother itself has such a great power..Any form of mother be it grand mom, motherinlaw, mom they are the best..isin't?

Vineela said...

Hi tanuja,
Nice meme and hope to see all your favourite recipes.
Vineela

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have four moms! How old is your great grandmom,btw? I hardly saw one of my grandmom and never saw the second one. :(

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious. Hope tat u'll blog on all of them.