Tuesday, June 06, 2006

HARYALLI MURGH/CHICKEN IN GREEN GRAVY

  Posted by Picasa

Sorry friends I have problem with my system it had virous so it took me some time to fix the system at last I am back to my work their are ton's of dishes on my desk to post here is one of them.

As my kids love to eat chicken everyday in their meal. If I try to convince my daughter having chicken everyday is not good, she says ammama told me to eat healthy food and I will become a doctor, by hearing her cute words I could not stop myself cooking her fav dish for her. But she does not like to eat the same way all the time she says amma something new, I have to try something always, I can tell u they are tone's of varieties of chicken dishes from Indian cusine, here is one of them.

This dish is known as haryalli chicken or some people serve it as chilli chicken too.

Ingredients;
2 LB Chicken sliced.
2 red onion sliced.
1 bunch of fresh coriander.
10-15 mint leaves.
1tspn coscus seeds/gasagasalu/poppyseeds.
2tspns fresh grated coconut.
10 to 15 green chillies.(or reduce according to ur taste)
1 taspn ginger garlic paste.
1 tspn garam masala powder.
1/4 tspn turmeric powder.
salt to taste.
oil.
few curry leaves.
1 bay leaf.


Before we start making this they are few things we should prepare first.we have to make a paste of ingredients to marinate the chikcen .

to make the marinate make a paste of:
coriander leaves.
mint leaves.
grated coconut.
poppy seeds.
green chillies.
ginger/garlic.
blend all these ingredients together to make a fine paste, later add some salt and turmeric powder to this paste and marinate the chicken with this paste. and set it aside for a hour.

Now time to cook this haryalli chicken.
Take a sauce pan and add oil and heat up , later add bay leaf and curry leaves and fry for a second. Now add the sliced onion and fry till golden brown,later add the marinated chicken and fry well until the chicken leaves its fat.when the chicken starts leaving oil add enough water to make the perfect gravy u want.lastly add garam masala powder and cook for few minutes and remove from the stove and arrange it into the serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander.

This is a very simple dish.we can serve this dish with hot parathas, or any kind of friend rice items or plain rice.This dish is well known in rayalaseema part of andhra they call this dish as pacha chicken kurra(green chicken curry).As this is totally cooken with green chillies thats why they call it by this name.Hope u all will like this dish.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi tanuja? Recipe please?

Tanuja said...

Hi Lg,
I will post the recipe soon:)

Anonymous said...

delicious...chicken gravy!

Anonymous said...

Tanuja, now you got me drolling over your chicken curry..:). Nice recipe!!

Anonymous said...

thanks tanuja! my next chicken is gonna be like this! thanks.

Sumitha said...

Wow looks delicious!

indianadoc said...

hmm...too irressistible!!

Anonymous said...

green chillies chicken curry is something I've been planing to try for sometime ....seeing your post, has made this dish a must try for this weekend....:)perhaps, I will post my blog on this...next week.

Anonymous said...

MMMMM YUMMMMMMMMY

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe...am cooking this dish right now. Added a little more garlic than recommended since I love garlic. Also omitted the mint leaves since I don't like mint. Smells yummy, can't wait to taste it!
Keep 'em coming!

archana said...

Tanuja,
I made it, and it is absolutely delicious !!!! We all loved it a lot,thank you for sharing the recipe.

Archana

Anonymous said...

tanuja,i made this today! thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanuja,
Have been wanting to try this recipe for a long time , have finally made it today and it is extremely good. Thank you for easy to follow instructions and good recipes.
Nina

Unknown said...

Hi,
Your receipe sounds and looks great but i am not sure ofthese two items...can you please tell me what these things are:
1tspn coscus seeds/gasagasalu/poppyseeds

From what i know gasagasalu is the same as poppyseeds..right...

thanks for your help..
parim

selena gomez said...

That Chicken gravy dish looks so brilliant. Will try some time.
restaurant near venkateshwar college